Total Pageviews

2017/02/09

Septuagesima, or the Third Sunday before Lent - 2017


The Sunday called Septuagesima, or the third Sunday before Lent.
Psalm 23
Dominus regit me.
THE Lord is my shepherd : therefore can I lack nothing.
2. He shall feed me in a green pasture : and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
3. He shall convert my soul : and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness, for his Name’s sake.
4. Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil : for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me.
5. Thou shalt prepare a table before me against them that trouble me : thou hast anointed my head with oil, and my cup shall be full.
6. But thy loving-kindness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life : and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
The Collect.
O LORD, we beseech thee favourably to hear the prayers of thy people; that we, who are justly punished for our offences, may be mercifully delivered by thy goodness, for the glory of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Saviour, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Joshua 1.1-9
Psalter: Psalm 8, 148 | 104
Epistle Reading:1 Corinthians 9.24-27
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 20.1-16


Homily: http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/septuagesima_08.html

No comments: