Total Pageviews

2020/06/26

Third Sunday after Trinity and St. Peter the Apostle (29 June) - 2020



The Third Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.33-48

v. Legem pone.

TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes, * and I shall keep it unto the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; * yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.

35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; * for therein is my desire.

36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, * and not to covetousness.

37 O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity; * and quicken thou me in thy way.

38 O stablish thy word in thy servant, * that I may fear thee.

39 Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of; * for thy judgments are good.

40 Behold, my delight is in thy commandments; * O quicken me in thy righteousness.

vi. Et veniat super me.

LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O Lord, * even thy salvation, according unto thy word.

42 So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers; * for my trust is in thy word.

43 O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth; * for my hope is in thy judgments.

44 So shall I alway keep thy law; * yea, for ever and ever.

45 And I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.

46 I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings, * and will not be ashamed.

47 And my delight shall be in thy commandments, * which I have loved.

48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; * and my study shall be in thy statutes.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to hear us; and grant that we, to whom though hast given an hearty desire to pray, may be comforted in all dangers and adversities; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 31.1-14

Psalter: Psalm 16, 17 | 18

Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 5.5-11

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 15.1-10

 Homily

Saint Peter the Apostle (29 June) 

The Collect

O almighty God, who by thy Son Jesus Christ didst give to thy Apostle Saint Peter many excellent gifts, and commandedst him earnestly to feed thy flock: Make, we beseech thee, all Bishops and Pastors diligently to preach thy holy Word, and the people obediently to follow the same, that they may receive the crown of everlasting glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 Epistle Reading: Acts 12.1-11

Gospel Reading: Matthew 16.13-19

 Homily


No comments: