Total Pageviews

2022/06/19

First Sunday after Trinity and St. John Baptist Day (24 June) - 2022

 

The First Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119. 1. Beati immaculati.

BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way, and walk in the law of the Lord.

2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, * and seek him with their whole heart;

3 Even they who do no wickedness, * and walk in his ways.

4 Thou hast charged * that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.

5 O that my ways were made so direct, * that I might keep thy statutes!

6 So shall I not be confounded, * while I have respect unto all thy commandments.

7 I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart, * when Ishall have learned the judgments of thy righteousness.

8 I will keep thy statutes; * O forsake me not utterly.

ii. In quo corrigit?

WHEREWITHAL shall a young man cleanse his way? * even by ruling himself after thy word.

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee; * O let me not go wrong out of thy commandments.

11 Thy word have I hid within my heart, * that I should not sin against thee.

12 Blessed art thou, O Lord; * O teach me thy statutes.

13 With my lips have I been telling * of all the judgments of thy mouth.

14 I have had as great delight in the way of thy testimonies, * as in all manner of riches.

15 I will talk of thy commandments, * and have respect unto thy ways.

16 My delight shall be in thy statutes, * and I will not forget thy word.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O GOD, the strength of all them that put their trust in thee, mercifully accept our prayers; and because through the weakness of our mortal nature we can do no good thing without thee, grant us the help of thy grace, that in keeping of thy commandments we may please thee, both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 23.23-32

Psalter: Psalm 1, 5 | 2, 3, 4

Epistle Reading: 1 John 4.7-21

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 16.19-31 

Homily

Saint John Baptist’s Day (June 24) 

The Collect

Almighty God, by whose providence thy servant John Baptist was wonderfully born, and sent to prepare the way of they Son our Saviour, by preaching of repentance: Make us so to follow his doctrine and holy life, that we may truly repent according to his preaching, and after his example constantly speak the truth, boldly rebuke vice, and patiently suffer for the truth’s sake; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading (For the Epistle): Isaiah 40.1-11

Gospel Reading: Luke 1.57-80 

Homily


No comments: