Total Pageviews

2022/08/20

Tenth Sunday after Trinity and St. Bartholomew's (24 August) - 2022

 

We lost centurion Jack Haynes to a massive heart attack today or yesterday. 

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant, Jack Haynes. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive him into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

May his soul and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

The Tenth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.145-160

xix. Clamavi in toto corde meo.

I CALL with my whole heart; * hear me, O Lord; I will keep thy statutes.

146 Yea, even unto thee do I call; * help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.

147 Early in the morning do I cry unto thee; * for in thy word is my trust.

148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches; * that I might be occupied in thy word.

149 Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy lovingkindness; * quicken me, according to thy judgments.

150 They draw nigh that of malice persecute me, * and are far from thy law.

151 Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord; * for all thy commandments are true.

152 As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since, * that thou hast grounded them for ever.

xx. Vide humilitatem.

O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me, * for I do not forget thy law.

154 Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me; * quicken me according to thy word.

155 Health is far from the ungodly; * for they regard not thy statutes.

156 Great is thy mercy, O Lord; * quicken me, as thou art wont.

157 Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me; * yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.

158 It grieveth me when I see the transgressors; * because they keep not thy law.

159 Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments; * O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.

160 Thy word is true from everlasting; * all the judgments of thy righteousness endure for evermore.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

LET thy merciful ears, O Lord, be open to the prayers of thy humble servants; and that they may obtain their petitions make them to ask such things as shall please thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 1.1-12

Psalter: Psalm 61, 62 | 48, 49

Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 12.1-11

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 19.41-46

Homily

Saint Bartholomew the Apostle

August 24

The Collect

O almighty and everlasting God, who didst give to thine Apostle Bartholomew grace truly to believe and to preach thy Word; Grant, we beseech thee, unto thy Church, to love that Word which he believed, and both to preach and receive the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Deuteronomy 18.15-18

Psalter: Psalm 91

Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 4.9-15

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 22.24-30 

Homily


No comments: