Total Pageviews

2021/06/26

Fourth Sunday after Trinity and St. Peter (29 June) - 2021

 

The Fourth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.49-64

vii. Memor esto verbi tui.

O THINK upon thy servant, as concerning thy word, * wherein thou hast caused me to put my trust.

50 The same is my comfort in my trouble; * for thy word hath quickened me.

51 The proud have had me exceedingly in derision; * yet have I not shrinked from thy law.

52 For I remembered thine everlasting judgments, O Lord, * and received comfort.

53 I am horribly afraid, * for the ungodly that forsake thy law.

54 Thy statutes have been my songs, * in the house of my pilgrimage.

55 I have thought upon thy Name, O Lord, in the night season, * and have kept thy law.

56 This I had, * because I kept thy commandments.

viii. Portio mea, Domine.

THOU art my portion, O Lord; * I have promised to keep thy law.

58 I made my humble petition in thy presence with my whole heart; * O be merciful unto me, according to thy word.

59 I called mine own ways to remembrance, * and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.

60 I made haste, and prolonged not the time, * to keep thy commandments.

61 The snares of the ungodly have compassed me about; * but I have not forgotten thy law.

62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee, * because of thy righteous judgments.

63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, * and keep thy commandments.

64 The earth, O Lord, is full of thy mercy: * O teach me thy statutes.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O GOD, the protector of all that trust in thee, without whom nothing is strong, nothing is holy; Increase and multiply upon us thy mercy; that, thou being our ruler and guide, we may so pass through things temporal, that we finally lose not the things eternal: Grant this, O heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 3.22-33

Psalter: Psalm 19, 20 | 24, 25

Epistle Reading: Romans 8.18-23

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 6.36-42 

Homily 

Saint Peter the Apostle (29 June) 

The Collect

O almighty God, who by thy Son Jesus Christ didst give to thy Apostle Saint Peter many excellent gifts, and commandedst him earnestly to feed thy flock: Make, we beseech thee, all Bishops and Pastors diligently to preach thy holy Word, and the people obediently to follow the same, that they may receive the crown of everlasting glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Epistle Reading: Acts 12.1-11

Gospel Reading: Matthew 16.13-19 

Homily


No comments: