Total Pageviews

2021/06/12

Second Sunday after Trinity - 2021

 

The Second Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.17-32

iii. Retribue servo tuo.

O DO well unto thy servant; * that I may live, and keep thy word.

18 Open thou mine eyes; * that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.

19 I am a stranger upon earth; * O hide not thy commandments from me.

20 My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire * that it hath alway unto thy judgments.

21 Thou hast rebuked the proud; * and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.

22 O turn from me shame and rebuke; * for I have kept thy testimonies.

23 Princes also did sit and speak against me; * but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.

24 For thy testimonies are my delight, * and my counsellors.

iv. Adhaesit pavimento.

MY soul cleaveth to the dust; * O quicken thou me, according to thy word.

26 I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me: * O teach me thy statutes.

27 Make me to understand the way of thy commandments; * and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.

28 My soul melteth away for very heaviness; * comfort thou me according unto thy word.

29 Take from me the way of lying, * and cause thou me to make much of thy law.

30 I have chosen the way of truth, * and thy judgments have I laid before me.

31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies; * O Lord, confound me not.

32 I will run the way of thy commandments, * when thou hast set my heart at liberty.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O LORD, who never failest to help and govern them who thou dost bring up in thy stedfast fear and love; Keep us, we beseech thee, under the protection of thy good providence, and make us to have a perpetual fear and love of thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Genesis 6.5-18

Psalter: Psalm 12, 13 | 10, 11

Epistle Reading: 1 John 3.13-24

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 14.15-24 

Homily

No comments: