Total Pageviews

2021/06/18

Third Sunday after Trinity and St. John Baptist (24 June) - 2021

 

The Third Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.33-48

v. Legem pone.

TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes, * and I shall keep it unto the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; * yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.

35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; * for therein is my desire.

36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, * and not to covetousness.

37 O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity; * and quicken thou me in thy way.

38 O stablish thy word in thy servant, * that I may fear thee.

39 Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of; * for thy judgments are good.

40 Behold, my delight is in thy commandments; * O quicken me in thy righteousness.

vi. Et veniat super me.

LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O Lord, * even thy salvation, according unto thy word.

42 So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers; * for my trust is in thy word.

43 O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth; * for my hope is in thy judgments.

44 So shall I alway keep thy law; * yea, for ever and ever.

45 And I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.

46 I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings, * and will not be ashamed.

47 And my delight shall be in thy commandments, * which I have loved.

48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; * and my study shall be in thy statutes.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to hear us; and grant that we, to whom though hast given an hearty desire to pray, may be comforted in all dangers and adversities; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 31.1-14

Psalter: Psalm 16, 17 | 18

Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 5.5-11

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 15.1-10 

Homily

Saint John Baptist’s Day (June 24) 

The Collect

Almighty God, by whose providence thy servant John Baptist was wonderfully born, and sent to prepare the way of they Son our Saviour, by preaching of repentance: Make us so to follow his doctrine and holy life, that we may truly repent according to his preaching, and after his example constantly speak the truth, boldly rebuke vice, and patiently suffer for the truth’s sake; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading (For the Epistle): Isaiah 40.1-11

Gospel Reading: Luke 1.57-80 

Homily

No comments: