Total Pageviews

2021/07/24

Feast of St James (25 July) and Eighth Sunday after Trinity - 2021

 


Saint James 
[July 25th]

GRANT, O merciful God, that, as thine holy Apostle Saint James, leaving his father and all that he had, without delay was obedient unto the calling of thy Son Jesus Christ, and followed him; so we, forsaking all worldly and carnal affections, may be evermore ready to follow thy holy commandments; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 45

Psalter: Psalm 34

For the Epistle Reading: Acts 11.27-12.3a

Gospel Reading: Matthew 20.20-28 

Homily: http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/james.html#homily

The Eighth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.113-128

xv. Iniquos odio habui.

I HATE them that imagine evil things; * but thy law do I love.

114 Thou art my defence and shield; * and my trust is in thy word.

115 Away from me, ye wicked; * I will keep the commandments of my God.

116 O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live; * and let me not be disappointed of my hope.

117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe; * yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.

118 Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes; * for they imagine but deceit.

119 Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross; * therefore I love thy testimonies.

120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; * and I am afraid of thy judgments.

xvi. Feci judicium.

I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right; * O give me not over unto mine oppressors.

122 Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good, * that the proud do me no wrong.

123 Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health, * and for the word of thy righteousness.

124 O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy, * and teach me thy statutes.

125 I am thy servant; O grant me understanding, * that I may know thy testimonies.

126 It is time for thee, Lord, to lay to thine hand; * for they have destroyed thy law.

127 For I love thy commandments * above gold and precious stones.

128 Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments; * and all false ways I utterly abhor.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O GOD, whose never-failing providence ordereth all things both in heaven and earth; We humbly beseech thee to put away from us all hurtful things, and to give us those things which be profitable for us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Zechariah 4.1-10 (11-14)

Psalter: Psalm 39, 41 | 37

Epistle Reading: Romans 8.12-17

Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 7.15-21 

Homily

No comments: