Total Pageviews

2021/07/16

Seventh Sunday after Trinity - 2021

 


The Seventh Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.97-112

xiii. Quomodo dilexi!

LORD, what love have I unto thy law! * all the day long is my study in it.

98 Thou, through thy commandments, hast made me wiser than mine enemies; * for they are ever with me.

99 I have more understanding than my teachers; * for thy testimonies are my study.

100 I am wiser than the aged; * because I keep thy commandments.

101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, * that I may keep thy word.

102 I have not shrunk from thy judgments; * for thou teachest me.

103 O how sweet are thy words unto my throat; * yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth!

104 Through thy commandments I get understanding: * therefore I hate all evil ways.

xiv. Lucerna pedibus meis.

THY word is a lantern unto my feet, * and a light unto my paths.

106 I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed, * to keep thy righteous judgments.

107 I am troubled above measure: * quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.

108 Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord; * and teach me thy judgments.

109 My soul is alway in my hand; * yet do I not forget thy law.

110 The ungodly have laid a snare for me; * but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.

111 Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever; * and why? they are the very joy of my heart.

112 I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway, * even unto the end.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

LORD of all power and might, who art the author and giver of all good things; Graft in our hearts the love of thy Name, increase in us true religion, nourish us with all goodness, and of thy great mercy keep us in the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Hosea 14.1-9

Psalter: Psalm 32, 36 | 33, 34

Epistle Reading: Romans 6.19-23

Gospel Reading: St. Mark 8.1-9 

Homily

No comments: