Total Pageviews

2021/07/10

Sixth Sunday after Trinity - 2021

 

The Sixth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.81-96

xi. Defecit anima mea.

MY soul hath longed for thy salvation, * and I have a good hope because of thy word.

82 Mine eyes-long sore for thy word; * saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?

83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; * yet do I not forget thy statutes.

84 How many are the days of thy servant? * when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?

85 The proud have digged pits for me, * which are not after thy law.

86 All thy commandments are true: * they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.

87 They had almost made an end of me upon earth; * but I forsook not thy commandments.

88 O quicken me after thy loving-kindness; * and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.

xii. In æternum, Domine.

O LORD, thy word * endureth for ever in heaven.

90 Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another; * thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.

91 They continue this day according to thine ordinance; * for all things serve thee.

92 If my delight had not been in thy law, * I should have perished in my trouble.

93 I will never forget thy commandments; * for with them thou hast quickened me.

94 I am thine: O save me, * for I have sought thy commandments.

95 The ungodly laid wait for me, to destroy me; * but I will consider thy testimonies.

96 I see that all things come to an end; * but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

O GOD, who hast prepared for them that love thee such good things as pass man’s understanding; Pour into our hearts such love toward thee, that we, loving thee above all things, may obtain thy promises, which exceed all that we can desire; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 57.13b-19

Psalter: Psalm 28, 29 | 30, 31

Epistle Reading: Romans 6.3-11

Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 5.20-26 

Homily

No comments: