Total Pageviews

2021/07/30

Ninth Sunday after Trinity - 2021


 The Ninth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.129-144

xvii. Mirabilia.

THY testimonies are wonderful; * therefore doth my soul keep them.

130 When thy word goeth forth, * it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.

131 I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath; * for my delight was in thy commandments.

132 O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, * as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.

133 Order my steps in thy word; * and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.

134 O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men; * and so shall I keep thy commandments.

135 Show the light of thy countenance upon thy servant, * and teach me thy statutes.

136 Mine eyes gush out with water, * because men keep not thy law.

xviii. Justus es, Domine.

RIGHTEOUS art thou, O Lord; * and true are thy judgments.

138 The testimonies that thou hast commanded * are exceeding righteous and true.

139 My zeal hath even consumed me; * because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

140 Thy word is tried to the uttermost, * and thy servant loveth it.

141 I am small and of no reputation; * yet do I not forget thy commandments.

142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, * and thy law is the truth.

143 Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me; * yet is my delight in thy commandments.

144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: * O grant me understanding, and I shall live.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.

GRANT to us, Lord, we beseech thee, the spirit to think and do always such things as be rightful; that we, who cannot do any thing that is good without thee, may by thee be enabled to live according to thy will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: 1 Kings 10.1-25

Psalter: Psalm 46, 47 | 44, 45

Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 10.1-13

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 16.1-9

 

Homily

No comments: