The First Sunday after Easter.
BLESSED is the man that feareth the Lord : he hath great delight in his commandments.
2. His seed shall be mighty upon earth : the generation of the faithful shall be blessed.
3. Riches and plenteousness shall be in his house : and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. Unto the godly there ariseth up light in the darkness : he is merciful, loving, and righteous.
5. A good man is merciful, and lendeth : and will guide his words with discretion.
6. For he shall never be moved : and the righteous shall be had in everlasting remembrance.
7. He will not be afraid of any evil tidings : for his heart standeth fast, and believeth in the Lord.
8. His heart is established, and will not shrink : until he see his desire upon his enemies.
9. He hath dispersed abroad, and given to the poor : and his righteousness remaineth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.
10. The ungodly shall see it, and it shall grieve him : he shall gnash with his teeth, and consume away; the desire of the ungodly shall perish.
ALMIGHTY Father, who has given thine only Son to die for our sins, and to rise again for our justification; Grant us so to put away the leaven of malice and wickedness, that we may always serve thee in pureness of living and truth; through the merits of the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 43.1-12
Psalter: Psalm 110, 111 | 2, 57
Epistle Reading: 1 John 5.4-12
Gospel Reading: St. John 20.19-23