[Last week I completely missed that we had entered the pre-lenten season. We are now back on track. Mike]
The Sunday called Sexagesima, or the Second Sunday before Lent.
Domini est terra
THE earth is the Lord’s, and all that therein is : the compass of the world, and they that dwell therein.
2. For he hath founded it upon the seas : and prepared it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord : or who shall rise up in his holy place?
4. Even he that hath clean hands, and a pure heart : and that hath not lift up his mind unto vanity, nor sworn to deceive his neighbour.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord : and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This is the generation of them that seek him : even of them that seek thy face, O Jacob.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is the King of glory : it is the Lord strong and mighty, even the Lord mighty in battle.
9. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
10. Who is the King of glory : even the Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.
O LORD God, who seest that we put not our trust in any thing that we do; Mercifully grant that by thy power we may be defended against all adversity; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 50.4-9
Psalter: Psalm 33, 93 | 139
Epistle Reading: 2 Corinthians 11.19-12.9
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 8.4-15