Sunday after Ascension-Day.
THE Lord is King, and hath put on glorious apparel : the Lord hath put on his apparel, and girded himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure : that it cannot be moved.
3. Ever since the world began hath thy seat been prepared : thou art from everlasting.
4. The floods are risen, O Lord, the floods have lift up their voice : the floods lift up their waves.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly : but yet the Lord, who dwelleth on high, is mightier.
6. Thy testimonies, O Lord, are very sure : holiness becometh thine house for ever.
O GOD the King of glory, who hast exalted thine only Son Jesus Christ with great triumph unto thy kingdom in heaven; We beseech thee, leave us not comfortless; but send to us thine Holy Ghost to comfort us, and exalt us unto the same place whither our Saviour Christ is gone before, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 65.17-25
Psalter: Psalm 108, 110 | 46, 47
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 4.7-11
Gospel Reading: St. John 15.26-16.4