Total Pageviews

2004/12/30

Prayer and Creed of Constantine

As we approach the New Year and an affirmation of the vow of the Order on the 1st or 3rd of January, I thought you might appreciate these excerpts, Constantine's prayer and creed. Good then - Good today

A prayer. “Not without cause, O holy God, do I prefer this prayer to Thee, the Lord of all. Under Thy guidance have I devised and accomplished measures fraught with blessing: preceded by Thy sacred sign, I have led Thy armies to victory: and still on each occasion of public danger, I follow the same symbol of Thy perfections while advancing to meet the foe. Therefore have I dedicated to Thy service a soul duly attempered by love and fear. For Thy name I truly love, while I regard with reverence that power of which Thou hast given abundant proofs, to the confirmation and increase of my faith” (Ad prov. Or.).

A confession of faith in God and in Christ. “This God I confess that I hold in unceasing honor and remembrance; this God I delight to contemplate with pure and guileless thoughts in the height of his glory.” “His pleasure is in works of moderation and gentleness. He loves the meek and hates the turbulent spirit, delighting in faith. He chastises unbelief” (Ad Sap.). 434“He is the supreme judge of all things, the prince of immortality, the giver of everlasting life” (S. C. 36).

Schaff History of the Church http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf201.iv.iii.ii.vi.html


Visit the Order at www.OrderofCenturions.org

No comments: