Total Pageviews

2014/02/03

Supplemental Prayer [Fourth Sunday after Epiphany - 2014]

This would have been the normal Collect for last Sunday (2 February 2014) if it hadn't been the Feast of the Presentation. I didn't want it to get lost in the year, so I am posting it now. It is a beautiful reminder of our own need - unable to stand upright (I'm sure there is a certain play on words in that line!). But also of God's strength for us in both dangers and temptations. May I recommend as well reading Psalm 44 (which I am meditatively doing all this week) along with the Collect. They fit together right nicely.
The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany.
The Collect.
O GOD, who knowest us to be set in the midst of so many and great dangers, that by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright; Grant to us such strength and protection, as may support us in all dangers, and carry us through all temptations; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: