The Third Sunday after Trinity.
Retribue servo tuo
O DO well unto thy servant : that I may live, and keep thy word.
18. Open thou mine eyes : that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
19. I am a stranger upon earth : O hide not thy commandments from me.
20. My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire : that it hath alway unto thy judgements.
21. Thou hast rebuked the proud : and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.
22. O turn from me shame and rebuke : for I have kept thy testimonies.
23. Princes also did sit and speak against me : but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.
24. For thy testimonies are my delight : and my counsellors.
O LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to hear us; and grant that we, to whom though hast given an hearty desire to pray, may be comforted in all dangers and adversities; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 31.1-14
Psalter: Psalm 16, 17 | 18
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 5.5-11
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 15.1-10