The Twenty-fourth Sunday after Trinity.
1. THEY that put their trust in the Lord shall be even as the mount Sion : which may not be removed, but standeth fast for ever.
2. The hills stand about Jerusalem : even so standeth the Lord round about his people, from this time forth for evermore.
3. For the rod of the ungodly cometh not into the lot of the righteous : lest the righteous put their hand unto wickedness.
4. Do well, O Lord : unto those that are good and true of heart.
5. As for such as turn back unto their own wickedness : the Lord shall lead them forth with the evil-doers; but peace shall be upon Israel.
O LORD, we beseech thee, absolve thy people from their offences; that through thy bountiful goodness we may all be delivered from the bands of those sins, which by our frailty we have committed: Grant this, O heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake, our blessed Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Malachi 3.13-4.3
Psalter: Psalm 129, 130, 131 | 144, 145
Epistle Reading: Colossians 1.3-12
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 9.18-26