Total Pageviews

2016/01/08

The First Sunday after the Epiphany - 2016


The First Sunday after the Epiphany.
Psalm 13
Usque quo, Domine?
HOW long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever : how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart : how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
3. Consider, and hear me, O Lord my God : lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
4. Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him : for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it.
5. But my trust is in thy mercy : and my heart is joyful in thy salvation.
6. I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me : yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.

The Collect.
O LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to receive the prayers of thy people which call upon thee; and grant that they may both perceive and know what things they ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfil the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 60.1-9
Psalter: Psalm 47, 48 | 66, 67
Epistle Reading: Romans 12.1-5
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 2.41-52


No comments: