Total Pageviews

2017/03/17

Third Sunday in Lent - 2017


The Third Sunday in Lent.
Psalm 43
Judica me, Deus
GIVE sentence with me, O God, and defend my cause against the ungodly people : O deliver me from the deceitful and wicked man.
2. For thou art the God of my strength, why hast thou put me from thee : and why go I so heavily, while the enemy oppresseth me?
3. O send out thy light and thy truth, that they may lead me : and bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy dwelling.
4. And that I may go unto the altar of God, even unto the God of my joy and gladness : and upon the harp I will give thanks unto thee, O God, my God.
5. Why art thou so heavy, O my soul : and why art thou so disquieted within me?
6. O put thy trust in God : for I will yet give him thanks, which is the help of my countenance, and my God.

The Collect.
WE beseech thee, Almighty God, look upon the hearty desires of thy humble servants, and stretch forth the right hand of thy Majesty, to be our defence against all our enemies; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

{The Collect from the First Day of Lent is to be read every day in Lent after the Collect appointed for the Day.}

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made and dost forgive the sins of all them that are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins, and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Deuteronomy 6
Psalter: Psalm 56, 58 | 119.73-104
Epistle Reading: Ephesians 5.1-14
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 11.14-28


Homily: http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/lent3_09.html