The Fourth Sunday after Easter.
GOD standeth in the congregation of princes : he is a Judge among gods.
2. How long will ye give wrong judgement : and accept the persons of the ungodly?
3. Defend the poor and fatherless : see that such as are in need and necessity have right.
4. Deliver the outcast and poor : save them from the hand of the ungodly.
5. They will not be learned nor understand, but walk on still in darkness : all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6. I have said, Ye are gods : and ye are all the children of the most Highest.
7. But ye shall die like men : and fall like one of the princes.
8. Arise, O God, and judge thou the earth : for thou shalt take all heathen to thine inheritance.
O ALMIGHTY God, who alone canst order the unruly wills and affections of sinful men; Grant unto thy people, that they may love the thing which thou commandest, and desire that which thou dost promise; that so, among the sundry and manifold changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed, where true joys are to be found; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Ezekiel 39.21-29
Psalter: Psalm 126, 127, 128 | 129, 130, 131
Epistle Reading: James 1.17-21
Gospel Reading: St. John 16.5-15
Personal: Here is a link to a devotion I have given twice in the last week to two different groups. It’s only an outline, but you might well be able to fill in the corners and cracks and use this as a homily - “Facing Down La Santa Muerte”.