Total Pageviews

2017/07/14

Fifth Sunday after Trinity - 2017


The Fifth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.33-40
Legem pone
TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes : and I shall keep it unto the end.
34. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law : yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
35. Make me to go in the path of thy commandments : for therein is my desire.
36. Incline my heart unto thy testimonies : and not to covetousness.
37. O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity : and quicken thou me in thy way.
38. O stablish thy word in thy servant : that I may fear thee.
39. Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of : for thy judgements are good.
40. Behold, my delight is in thy commandments : O quicken me in thy righteousness.

The Collect.
GRANT, O Lord, we beseech thee, that the course of this world may be so peaceably ordered by thy governance, that thy Church may joyfully serve thee in all godly quietness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Ecclesiastes 2.1-23
Psalter: Psalm 21, 23 | 26, 27
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 3.8-15a (15b-17)
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 5.1-11


Personal: I mentioned last week the Lutheran Liturgical Prayer Brotherhood (http://llpb.us/) which has taken the daily hours (it goes along nicely with the BCP), canticles, Psalms, litany, collects, etc. and set them to Gregorian Chant. The Psalter used is the AV, and here is the audio file for the first Psalm reading headed out with the antiphon. Give it a listen. Psalm 21: http://llpb.us/MP3Hymns/OTCanticles-Psalms/114%20Ps%2021a.MP3


Another Personal: As you pray this week I would ask you to remember MG, AG and their children. This is a younger family that used to be parishioners when I was pastoring in Midland, TX. They have long since moved up north, and are presently in the thralls of “a faith crisis” (their words).

No comments: