Total Pageviews

2017/09/15

Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity; Autumn Ember Days; St. Matthew - 2017


The Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.105-112
Lucerna pedibus meis
105. THY word is a lantern unto my feet : and a light unto my paths.
106. I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed : to keep thy righteous judgements.
107. I am troubled above measure : quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.
108. Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord : and teach me thy judgements.
109. My soul is always in my hand : yet do I not forget thy law.
110. The ungodly have laid a snare for me : but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
111. Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever : and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
112. I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway : even unto the end.

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, give unto us the increase of faith, hope, and charity; and, that we may obtain that which thou dost promise, make us to love that which thou dost command; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Micah 6.1-8
Psalter: Psalm 84, 85 | 74
Epistle Reading: Galatians 5.16-24
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 17.11-19



Autumn Ember Days

Saint Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist
[September 21]


O ALMIGHTY God, who by thy blessed Son didst call Matthew from the receipt of custom to be an Apostle and Evangelist; Grant us grace to forsake all covetous desires, and inordinate love of riches, and to follow the same thy Son Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Proverbs 3.1-6
Psalter: Psalm 119.1-16
New Testament Reading: 2 Corinthians 4.1-6
Gospel Reading: Matthew 9.9-17


No comments: