Total Pageviews

2018/07/20

Eighth Sunday after Trinity (and St. James' Day - 25 July) - 2018



The Eighth Sunday after Trinity.
Deuteronomy 32.1-4, 37-40
Audite cæli quæ loquor
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; * and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, * my speech shall distil as the dew,
As the small rain upon the tender herb, * and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the LORD: * ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: * for all his ways are judgment:
A God of truth and without iniquity, * just and right is he.
And the LORD shall say, * “Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, * and drank the wine of their drink offerings?
Let them rise up and help you, * and be your protection.
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: * I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
For I lift up my hand to heaven, * and say, I live for ever.”
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
O GOD, whose never-failing providence ordereth all things both in heaven and earth; We humbly beseech thee to put away from us all hurtful things, and to give us those things which be profitable for us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Zechariah 4.1-10 (11-14)
Psalter: Psalm 39, 41 | 37
Epistle Reading: Romans 8.12-17
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 7.15-21



Saint James the Apostle – 25 July

The Collect
Grant, O merciful God, that as thine holy Apostle Saint James, leaving his father and all that he had, without delay was obedient unto the calling of thy Son Jesus Christ, and followed him; so we, forsaking all worldly and carnal affections, may be evermore ready to follow thy holy commandments; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 45.1-5
Psalter: Psalm 34
Epistle Reading: Acts 11.27-12.3
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 20.20-28

No comments: