Total Pageviews

2020/06/19

Second Sunday after Trinity and St. John Baptist's Day (24 June) - 2020



The Second Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.17-32

iii. Retribue servo tuo.

O DO well unto thy servant; * that I may live, and keep thy word.

18 Open thou mine eyes; * that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.

19 I am a stranger upon earth; * O hide not thy commandments from me.

20 My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire * that it hath alway unto thy judgments.

21 Thou hast rebuked the proud; * and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.

22 O turn from me shame and rebuke; * for I have kept thy testimonies.

23 Princes also did sit and speak against me; * but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.

24 For thy testimonies are my delight, * and my counsellors.

iv. Adhaesit pavimento.

MY soul cleaveth to the dust; * O quicken thou me, according to thy word.

26 I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me: * O teach me thy statutes.

27 Make me to understand the way of thy commandments; * and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.

28 My soul melteth away for very heaviness; * comfort thou me according unto thy word.

29 Take from me the way of lying, * and cause thou me to make much of thy law.

30 I have chosen the way of truth, * and thy judgments have I laid before me.

31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies; * O Lord, confound me not.

32 I will run the way of thy commandments, * when thou hast set my heart at liberty.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

 

The Collect.

O LORD, who never failest to help and govern them who thou dost bring up in thy stedfast fear and love; Keep us, we beseech thee, under the protection of thy good providence, and make us to have a perpetual fear and love of thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 

Old Testament Reading: Genesis 6.5-18

Psalter: Psalm 12, 13 | 10, 11

Epistle Reading: 1 John 3.13-24

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 14.15-24

 Homily

 

Saint John Baptist’s Day (June 24) 

The Collect

Almighty God, by whose providence thy servant John Baptist was wonderfully born, and sent to prepare the way of they Son our Saviour, by preaching of repentance: Make us so to follow his doctrine and holy life, that we may truly repent according to his preaching, and after his example constantly speak the truth, boldly rebuke vice, and patiently suffer for the truth’s sake; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 

Old Testament Reading (For the Epistle): Isaiah 40.1-11

Gospel Reading: Luke 1.57-80

 Homily


No comments: