Total Pageviews

2020/07/10

Fifth Sunday after Trinity - 2020



The Fifth Sunday after Trinity.

Psalm 119.65-80

ix. Bonitatem fecisti.

O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant, * according unto thy word.

66 O teach me true understanding and knowledge; * for I have believed thy commandments.

67 Before I was troubled, I went wrong; * but now have I kept thy word.

68 Thou art good and gracious; * O teach me thy statutes.

69 The proud have imagined a lie against me; * but I will keep thy commandments with my whole heart.

70 Their heart is as fat as brawn; * but my delight hath been in thy law.

71 It is good for me that I have been in trouble; * that I may learn thy statutes.

72 The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me * than thousands of gold and silver.

x. Manus tuæ fecerunt me.

THY hands have made me and fashioned me: * O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; * because I have put my trust in thy word.

75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, * and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.

76 O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort, * according to thy word unto thy servant.

77 O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live; * for thy law is my delight.

78 Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me; * but I will be occupied in thy commandments.

79 Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies, * be turned unto me.

80 O let my heart be sound in thy statutes, * that I be not ashamed.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen. 

The Collect.

GRANT, O Lord, we beseech thee, that the course of this world may be so peaceably ordered by thy governance, that thy Church may joyfully serve thee in all godly quietness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Old Testament Reading: Ecclesiastes 2.1-23

Psalter: Psalm 21, 23 | 26, 27

Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 3.8-15a (15b-17)

Gospel Reading: St. Luke 5.1-11 

Homily


No comments: