Total Pageviews

2006/08/31

Fear the Lord

Where are the "God-fearing" today? Has God changed so that there is no need any longer to fear him?

This past week I presented a medal of the Order of Centurions to my grandson Legionary Nathan. He was concerned and asked me about the motto on the medallion, "Fear God and do what is right"  [Acts 10:34 & 35].  He could not comprehend "fearing" God.  Well, I did explain it mainly in terms of awe and reverence but also of a holy fear of offending God through transgressions. Then throughout the week, I showed him Scripture to support this.
 
I wish I had read this article by The Rev. Dr. Peter Toon, but it was just published today. I commend it to you now so that should an occasion arise to explain the motto of the Order, you will be well equipped. I will place it in "Articles" on our links page.
 
TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM
 
Mark
lapel-pin
--
"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another" [St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans 14:19]

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES - TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM
www.OrderofCenturions.org

No comments: