Total Pageviews

2015/08/06

The Tenth Sunday after Trinity - 2015


The Tenth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.73-80
Manus tuae fecerunt me
THY hands have made me and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
74. They that fear thee will be glad when they see me : because I have put my trust in thy word.
75. I know, O Lord, that thy judgements are right : and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.
76. O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort : according to thy word unto thy servant.
77. O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live : for thy law is my delight.
78. Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me : but I will be occupied in thy commandments.
79. Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies : be turned unto me.
80. O let my heart be sound in thy statutes : that I be not ashamed.

The Collect.
LET thy merciful ears, O Lord, be open to the prayers of thy humble servants; and that they may obtain their petitions make them to ask such things as shall please thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 1.1-12
Psalter: Psalm 61, 62 | 48, 49
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 12.1-11
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 19.41-46



Here’s my review of a good little commentary on Lamentations: http://mphilliber.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-message-of-lamentations-by.html

No comments: