Total Pageviews

2015/08/28

The Thirteenth Sunday after Trinity - 2015


The Thirteenth Sunday after Trinity.
Quomodo dilexi!
Psalm 119.97-104
97. LORD, what love have I unto thy law : all the day long is my study in it.
98. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies : for they are ever with me.
99. I have more understanding than my teachers : for thy testimonies are my study.
100. I am wiser than the aged : because I keep thy commandments.
101. I have refrained my feet from every evil way : that I may keep thy word.
102. I have not shrunk from thy judgements : for thou teachest me.
103. O how sweet are thy words unto my throat : yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
104. Through thy commandments I get understanding : therefore I hate all evil ways.

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and merciful God, of whose only gift it cometh that thy faithful people do unto thee true and laudable service ; Grant, we beseech thee, that we may so faithfully serve thee in this life, that we fail not finally to attain thy heavenly promises; through the merits of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

***Here is the 1549: “ALMYGHTIE and mercyfull God, of whose onely gifte it cometh that thy faythfull people doe unto thee true and laudable service; graunte we beseche thee, that we may so runne to thy heavenly promises, that we faile not finally to attayne the same; through Jesus Christe our Lorde.”

Old Testament Reading: Deuteronomy 24.10-22
Psalter: Psalm 81, 82 | 73
Epistle Reading: Galatians 3.16-22
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 10.23-37


Homily: http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/trinity13.html#homily

No comments: