St. James of Jerusalem
GRANT, we beseech thee, O God, that after the example of thy servant James the Just, brother of our Lord, thy Church may give itself continually to prayer and to the reconciliation of all who are at variance and enmity; through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 11.18-23
Psalter: Psalm 119.145-168
Epistle Reading: Acts 15.1-21
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 10.16-22
The Twenty-first Sunday after Trinity.
Principes persecuti sunt
161. PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause : but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162. I am as glad of thy word : as one that findeth great spoils.
163. As for lies, I hate and abhor them : but thy law do I love.
164. Seven times a day do I praise thee : because of thy righteous judgements.
165. Great is the peace that they have who love thy law : and they are not offended at it.
166. Lord, I have looked for thy saving health : and done after thy commandments.
167. My soul hath kept thy testimonies : and loved them exceedingly.
168. I have kept thy commandments and testimonies : for all my ways are before thee.
GRANT, we beseech thee, merciful Lord, to thy faithful people pardon and peace, that they may be cleansed from all their sins, and serve thee with a quiet mind; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Psalm 59.15b-21
Psalter: Psalm 120, 121, 122 | 133, 134, 135
Epistle Reading: Ephesians 6.10-20
Gospel Reading: St. John 4.46-54