Total Pageviews

2015/10/16

The Twentieth Sunday after Trinity (and Feast of St. Luke the Evangelist) - 2015


The Twentieth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.153-160
Vide humilitatem
153. O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me : for I do not forget thy law.
154. Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me : quicken me, according to thy word.
155. Health is far from the ungodly : for they regard not thy statutes.
156. Great is thy mercy, O Lord : quicken me, as thou art wont.
157. Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me : yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158. It grieveth me when I see the transgressors : because they keep not thy law.
159. Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments : O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
160. Thy word is true from everlasting : all the judgements of thy righteousness endure for evermore.

The Collect.
O ALMIGHTY and most merciful God, of thy bountiful goodness keep us, we beseech thee, from all things that may hurt us; that we, being ready both in body and soul, may cheerfully* accomplish those things that thou wouldest have done; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

{*the 1549 BCP has, “may with free hearts accomplish…”}

Old Testament Reading: Ecclesiastes 9.4-10
Psalter: Psalm 116, 117 | 118, 83
Epistle Reading: Ephesians 5.15-21
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 22.1-14




Feast of St. Luke the Evangelist (18 October): http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/luke.html

No comments: