The Ninth Sunday after Trinity.
O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant : according unto thy word.
66. O learn me true understanding and knowledge : for I have believed thy commandments.
67. Before I was troubled, I went wrong : but now I have kept thy word.
68. Thou art good and gracious : O teach me thy statutes.
69. The proud have imagined a lie against me : but I will keep thy commandments with my whole heart.
70. Their heart is as fat as brawn : but my delight hath been in thy law.
71. It is good for me that I have been in trouble : that I may learn thy statutes.
72. The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me : than thousands of gold and silver.
GRANT to us, Lord, we beseech thee, the spirit to think and do always such things as be rightful; that we, who cannot do any thing that is good without thee, may by thee be enabled to live according to thy will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: 1 Kings 10.1-25
Psalter: Psalm 46, 47 | 44, 45
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 10.1-13
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 16.1-9
Saint James the Apostle – 25 July
O PRAISE the Lord of heaven : praise him in the height.
2. Praise him, all ye angels of his : praise him, all his host.
3. Praise him, sun and moon : praise him, all ye stars and light.
4. Praise him, all ye heavens : and ye waters that are above the heavens.
5. Let them praise the Name of the Lord : for he spake the word, and they were made; he commanded, and they were created.
6. He hath made them fast for ever and ever : he hath given them a law which shall not be broken.
7. Praise the Lord upon earth : ye dragons, and all deeps;
8. Fire and hail, snow and vapours : wind and storm, fulfilling his word;
9. Mountains and all hills : fruitful trees and all cedars;
10. Beasts and all cattle : worms and feathered fowls;
11. Kings of the earth and all people : princes and all judges of the world;
12. Young men and maidens, old men and children, praise the Name of the Lord : for his Name only is excellent, and his praise above heaven and earth.
13. He shalt exalt the horn of his people; all his saints shall praise him : even the children of Israel, even the people the serveth him.
Grant, O merciful God, that as thine holy Apostle Saint James, leaving his father and all that he had, without delay was obedient unto the calling of thy Son Jesus Christ, and followed him; so we, forsaking all worldly and carnal affections, may be evermore ready to follow thy holy commandments; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 45.1-5
Psalter: Psalm 34
Epistle Reading: Acts 11.27-12.3
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 20.20-28