Total Pageviews

2016/07/01

The Sixth Sunday after Trinity (and Independence Day USA) - 2016


The Sixth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.41-48
Et veniat super me
LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O Lord : even thy salvation, according unto thy word.
42. So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers : for my trust is in thy word.
43. O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth : for my hope is in thy judgements.
44. So shall I alway keep thy law : yea, for ever and ever.
45. And I will walk at liberty : for I seek thy commandments.
46. I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings : and will not be ashamed.
47. And my delight shall be in thy commandments : which I have loved.
48. My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved : and my study shall be in thy statutes.
The Collect.
O GOD, who hast prepared for them that love thee such good things as pass man’s understanding; Pour into our hearts such love toward thee, that we, loving thee above all things, may obtain thy promises, which exceed all that we can desire; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 57.13b-19
Psalter: Psalm 28, 29 | 30, 31
Epistle Reading: Romans 6.3-11
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 5.20-26


Independence Day (USA)
July 4
The Collect
O ETERNAL God, through whose mighty power our fathers won their liberties of old; Grant, we beseech thee, that we and all the people of this land may have grace to maintain these liberties in righteousness and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For the Epistle. Deuteronomy x. 17: THE LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: he doth execute the judg-ment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen.

No comments: