Total Pageviews

2016/08/12

Twelfth Sunday after Trinity - 2016


The Twelfth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.89-96
In aeternum. Domine
89. O LORD, thy word : endureth for ever in heaven.
90. Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another : thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
91. They continue this day according to thine ordinance : for all things serve thee.
92. If my delight had not been in thy law : I should have perished in my trouble.
93. I will never forget thy commandments : for with them thou hast quickened me.
94. I am thine, O save me : for I have sought thy commandments.
95. The ungodly laid wait for me to destroy me : but I will consider thy testimonies.
96. I see that all things come to an end : but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who art always more ready to hear than we are to pray, and art wont to give more than either we desire, or deserve; Pour down upon us the abundance of thy mercy; forgiving us those things whereof our conscience is afraid, and giving us those good things which we are not worthy to ask, but through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ, thy Son, our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 29.18-24
Psalter: Psalm 76, 77 | 71, 72
Epistle Reading: 2 Corinthians 3.1-9
Gospel Reading: St. Mark 7.31-37


No comments: