The Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany.
Exaudiat te Dominus
THE Lord hear thee in the day of trouble : the Name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2. Send thee help from the sanctuary : and strengthen thee out of Sion;
3. Remember all thy offerings : and accept thy burnt sacrifice;
4. Grant thee thy heart’s desire : and fulfil all thy mind.
5. We will rejoice in thy salvation, and triumph in the Name of the Lord our God : the Lord perform all thy petitions.
6. Now know I that the Lord helpeth his Anointed, and will hear him from his holy heaven : even with the wholesome strength of his right hand.
7. Some put their trust in chariots, and some in horses : but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God.
8. They are brought down, and fallen : but we are risen, and stand upright.
9. Save, Lord and hear us, O King of heaven : when we call upon thee.
O LORD, we beseech thee to keep thy Church and household continually in thy true religion; that they who do lean only upon the hope of thy heavenly grace may evermore be defended by thy mighty power; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Habakkuk 1.12-2.14
Psalter: Psalm 112
Epistle Reading: Colossians 3.12-17
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 13.24-30
Personal Reflection: Since the Collect for the day is for Christ’s Church, which brought back to mind a piece I wrote in December 2012. This link will take you to the blog post. http://mphilliber.blogspot.com/2012/12/short-quick-thought-prayer-for-unity.html