Total Pageviews

2017/02/24

Quinquagesima, or the next Sunday before Lent - 2017


The Sunday called Quinquagesima, or the next Sunday before Lent.
Psalm 26
Judica me, Domine
BE THOU my judge, O Lord, for I have walked innocently : my trust hath been also in the Lord, therefore shall I not fall.
2. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me : try out my reins and my heart.
3. For thy loving-kindness is ever before mine eyes : and I will walk in thy truth.
4. I have not dwelt with vain persons : neither will I have fellowship with the deceitful.
5. I have hated the congregation of the wicked : and will not sit among the ungodly.
6. I will wash my hands in innocency, O Lord : and so will I go to thine altar.
7. That I may shew the voice of thanksgiving : and tell of all thy wondrous works.
8. Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house : and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
9. O shut not up my soul with the sinners : nor my life with the blood-thirsty.
10. In whose hands is wickedness : and their right hand is full of gifts.
11. But as for me, I will walk innocently : O deliver me, and be merciful unto me.
12. My foot standeth right : I will praise the Lord in the congregations.

The Collect.
O LORD, who hast taught us that all our doings without charity are nothing worth; Send thy Holy Ghost and pour into our hearts that most excellent gift of charity, the very bond of peace and of all virtues, without which whosoever liveth is counted dead before thee. Grant this for thine only Son Jesus Christ’s sake. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Deuteronomy 10.12-11.1
Psalter: Psalm 15, 16 | 111, 112
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 13.1-13
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 18.31-43

Homily: http://orderofcenturions.org/documents/quinquagesima_09.html

No comments: