I WAITED patiently for the Lord : and he inclined unto me, and heard my calling.
2. He brought me also out of the horrible pit, out of the mire and clay : and set my feet upon the rock, and ordered my goings.
3. And he hath put a new song in my mouth : even a thanksgiving unto our God.
4. Many shall see it, and fear : and shall put their trust in the Lord.
5. Blessed is the man that hath set his hope in the Lord : and turned not unto the proud, and to such as go about with lies.
6. O Lord my God, great are the wondrous works which thou hast done, like as be also thy thoughts which are to us-ward : and yet there is no man that ordereth them unto thee:
7. If I should declare them, and speak of them : they should be more than I am able to express.
8. Sacrifice and meat-offering thou wouldest not : but mine ears hast thou opened.
9. Burnt-offerings, and sacrifice for sin, hast thou not required : then said I, Lo, I come,
10. In the volume of the book it is written of me, that I should fulfil thy will, O my God : I am content to do it; yea, thy law is within my heart.
11. I have declared thy righteousness in the great congregation : lo, I will not refrain my lips, O Lord, and that thou knowest.
12. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart : my talk hath been of thy truth and of thy salvation.
13. I have not kept back thy loving mercy and truth : from the great congregation.
14. Withdraw not thou thy mercy from me, O Lord : let thy loving-kindness and thy truth alway preserve me.
ALMIGHTY God, we beseech thee graciously to behold this thy family, for whom our Lord Jesus Christ was contented to be betrayed, and given up into the hands of wicked men, and to suffer death upon the cross, who now liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of the Church is governed and sanctified; Receive our supplications and prayers, which we offer before thee for all estates of men in thy holy Church, that every member of the same, in his vocation and ministry may truly and godly serve thee; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
O MERCIFUL God, who hast made all men, and hatest nothing that thou hast made, nor wouldest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live; Have mercy upon all Jews, Turks, Infidels, and Hereticks, and take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word; and so fetch them home, blessed Lord, to thy flock, that they may be saved among the remnant of the true Israelites, and be made one fold under one shepherd, Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Genesis 22.1-18
Psalter: Psalm 22
Epistle Reading: Hebrews 10.1-15
Gospel Reading: St. John 19.1-37