Total Pageviews

2017/04/28

Second Sunday after Easter - 2017


The Second Sunday after Easter.

Psalm 120
Ad Dominum
WHEN I was in trouble I called upon the Lord : and he heard me.
2. Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips : and from a deceitful tongue.
3. What reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou false tongue : even mighty and sharp arrows, with hot burning coals.
4. Woe is me, that I am constrained to dwell with Mesech : and to have my habitation among the tents of Kedar.
5. My soul hath long dwelt among them : that are enemies unto peace.
6. I labour for peace, but when I speak unto them thereof : they make them ready to battle.

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY God, who has given thine only Son to be unto us both a sacrifice for sin, and also an ensample of godly life; Give us grace that we may always most thankfully receive that his inestimable benefit, and also daily endeavour ourselves to follow the blessed steps of his most holy life; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 40.1-11
Psalter: Psalm 21, 23 | 116, 117
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 2.19-25
Gospel Reading: St. John 10.11-16



Personal: This link is to my homily on Psalm 23 which fits in with the readings from 1 Peter and John 10 - http://mphilliber.blogspot.com/2017/04/my-shepherd-psalm-23.html

No comments: