Total Pageviews

2017/08/25

Eleventh Sunday after Trinity - 2017


The Eleventh Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.81-88
Defecit anima mea
MY SOUL hath longed for thy salvation : and I have a good hope because of thy word.
82. Mine eyes long sore for thy word : saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
83. For I am become like a bottle in the smoke : yet do I not forget thy statutes.
84. How many are the days of thy servant : when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
85. The proud have digged pits for me : which are not after thy law.
86. All thy commandments are true : they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
87. They had almost made an end of me upon earth : but I forsook not thy commandments.
88. O quicken me after thy loving-kindness : and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.

The Collect.

O GOD, who declarest thy almighty power most chiefly in shewing mercy and pity; Mercifully grant unto us such a measure of thy grace, that we, running the way of thy commandments, may obtain thy gracious promises, and be made partakers of thy heavenly treasure; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (1928 BCP).

O GOD, who declarest thy almighty power most chiefly in shewing mercy and pity; Mercifully grant unto us abundantly thy grace, that we, running to thy promises, may be made partakers of thy heavenly treasure; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (1549 BCP).

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 26.12-19
Psalter: Psalm 63, 64 | 54, 55
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 15.1-11
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 18.9-14


No comments: