The Transfiguration of Christ
Conserva me, Domine
( . . . )
10. Wherefore my heart was glad, and my glory rejoiced : my flesh also shall rest in hope.
11. For why? thou shalt not leave my soul in hell : neither shalt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
12. Thou shalt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is the fulness of joy : and at thy right hand there is pleasure for evermore.
( . . . )
O GOD, who on the mount didst reveal to chosen witnesses thine only-begotten Son wonderfully transfigured, in raiment white and glistering; Mercifully grant that we, being delivered from the disquietude of this world, may be permitted to behold the King in his beauty, who with thee, O Father, and thee, O Holy Ghost, liveth and reigneth, one God, world without end. Amen.
Epistle Reading: 2 Peter 1.13-18
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 9.28-36
Philippians 3.20-21: “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”
The Seventh Sunday after Trinity.
Memor esto servi tui
O THINK upon thy servant, as concerning thy world : wherein thou hast caused me to put my trust.
50. The same is my comfort in my trouble : for thy word hath quickened me.
51. The proud have had me exceedingly in derision : yet have I not shrinked from thy law.
52. For I remembered thine everlasting judgements, O Lord : and received comfort.
53. I am horribly afraid : for the ungodly that forsake thy law.
54. Thy statutes have been my songs : in the house of my pilgrimage.
55. I have thought upon thy Name, O Lord, in the night-season : and have kept thy law.
56. This I had : because I kept thy commandments.
LORD of all power and might, who art the author and giver of all good things; Graft in our hearts the love of thy Name, increase in us true religion, nourish us with all goodness, and of thy great mercy keep us in the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Hosea 14.1-9
Psalter: Psalm 32, 36 | 33, 34
Epistle Reading: Romans 6.19-23
Gospel Reading: St. Mark 8.1-9