Total Pageviews

2019/07/12

Fourth Sunday after Trinity - 2019



The Fourth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.49-64
vii. Memor esto verbi tui.
O THINK upon thy servant, as concerning thy word, * wherein thou hast caused me to put my trust.
50 The same is my comfort in my trouble; * for thy word hath quickened me.
51 The proud have had me exceedingly in derision; * yet have I not shrinked from thy law.
52 For I remembered thine everlasting judgments, O Lord, * and received comfort.
53 I am horribly afraid, * for the ungodly that forsake thy law.
54 Thy statutes have been my songs, * in the house of my pilgrimage.
55 I have thought upon thy Name, O Lord, in the night season, * and have kept thy law.
56 This I had, * because I kept thy commandments.
viii. Portio mea, Domine.
THOU art my portion, O Lord; * I have promised to keep thy law.
58 I made my humble petition in thy presence with my whole heart; * O be merciful unto me, according to thy word.
59 I called mine own ways to remembrance, * and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
60 I made haste, and prolonged not the time, * to keep thy commandments.
61 The snares of the ungodly have compassed me about; * but I have not forgotten thy law.
62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee, * because of thy righteous judgments.
63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, * and keep thy commandments.
64 The earth, O Lord, is full of thy mercy: * O teach me thy statutes.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
O GOD, the protector of all that trust in thee, without whom nothing is strong, nothing is holy; Increase and multiply upon us thy mercy; that, thou being our ruler and guide, we may so pass through things temporal, that we finally lose not the things eternal: Grant this, O heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 3.22-33
Psalter: Psalm 19, 20 | 24, 25
Epistle Reading: Romans 8.18-23
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 6.36-42



No comments: