Total Pageviews

2019/07/06

Third Sunday after Trinity - 2019



The Third Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.33-48
v. Legem pone.
TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes, * and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; * yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; * for therein is my desire.
36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, * and not to covetousness.
37 O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity; * and quicken thou me in thy way.
38 O stablish thy word in thy servant, * that I may fear thee.
39 Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of; * for thy judgments are good.
40 Behold, my delight is in thy commandments; * O quicken me in thy righteousness.
vi. Et veniat super me.
LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O Lord, * even thy salvation, according unto thy word.
42 So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers; * for my trust is in thy word.
43 O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth; * for my hope is in thy judgments.
44 So shall I alway keep thy law; * yea, for ever and ever.
45 And I will walk at liberty; * for I seek thy commandments.
46 I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings, * and will not be ashamed.
47 And my delight shall be in thy commandments, * which I have loved.
48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; * and my study shall be in thy statutes.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.


The Collect.
O LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to hear us; and grant that we, to whom though hast given an hearty desire to pray, may be comforted in all dangers and adversities; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 31.1-14
Psalter: Psalm 16, 17 | 18
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 5.5-11
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 15.1-10

No comments: