Total Pageviews

2020/03/27

Fifth Sunday in Lent (Passion Sunday) - 29 March 2020



The Fifth Sunday in Lent.
Psalm 143. Domine, exaudi.
HEAR my prayer, O Lord, and consider my desire; * hearken unto me for thy truth and righteousness’ sake.
2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant; * for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; * he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that have been long dead.
4 Therefore is my spirit vexed within me, * and my heart within me is desolate.
5 Yet do I remember the time past; I muse upon all thy works; * yea, I exercise myself in the works of thy hands.
6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee; * my soul gaspeth unto thee as a thirsty land.
7 Hear me, O Lord, and that soon; for my spirit waxeth faint: * hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8 O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning; for in thee is my trust: * show thou me the way that I should walk in; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9 Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies; * for I flee unto thee to hide me.
10 Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee; for thou art my God: * let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
11 Quicken me, O Lord, for thy Name’s sake; * and for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And of thy goodness slay mine enemies, * and destroy all them that vex my soul; for I am thy servant.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.


The Collect.
WE beseech thee, Almighty God, mercifully to look upon thy people; that by thy great goodness they may be governed and preserved evermore, both in body and soul; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

{The Collect from the First Day of Lent is to be read every day in Lent after the Collect appointed for the Day.}

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made and dost forgive the sins of all them that are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins, and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 1.10-20
Psalter: Psalm 42, 43 | 119.145-176
Epistle Reading: Hebrews 9.11-15
Gospel Reading: St. John 8.46-59


No comments: