Total Pageviews

2020/03/20

Fourth Sunday in Lent and Annunciation of the BVM (25 March) - 2020



The Fourth Sunday in Lent.
Psalm 130. De profundis.
OUT of the deep have I called unto thee, O Lord; * Lord, hear my voice.
2 O let thine ears consider well * the voice of my complaint.
3 If thou, Lord, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss, * O Lord, who may abide it?
4 For there is mercy with thee; * therefore shalt thou be feared.
5 I look for the Lord; my soul doth wait for him; * in his word is my trust.
6 My soul fleeth unto the Lord before the morning watch; * I say, before the morning watch.
7 O Israel, trust in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, * and with him is plenteous redemption.
8 And he shall redeem Israel * from all his sins.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
GRANT, we beseech thee, Almighty God, that we, who for our evil deeds do worthily deserve to be punished, by the comfort of thy grace may mercifully be relieved; through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

{The Collect from the First Day of Lent is to be read every day in Lent after the Collect appointed for the Day.}

The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made and dost forgive the sins of all them that are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins, and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Ezekiel 39.21-29
Psalter: Psalm 142, 143 | 119.105-144
Epistle Reading: Galatians 4.21-31
Gospel Reading: St. John 6.1-14


Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary – 25 March
Psalm 131
Domine, non est
LORD, I am not high-minded : I have no proud looks.
2. I do not exercise myself in great matters : which are too high for me.
3. But I refrain my soul, and keep it low, like as a child that is weaned from his mother : yea, my soul is even as a weaned child.
4. O Israel, trust in the Lord : from this time forth for evermore.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

The Collect
We beseech thee, O Lord, pour thy grace into our hearts; that, as we have known the incarnation of thy Son Jesus Christ by the message of an angel, so by his cross and passion we may be brought unto the glory of his resurrection; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 7.10-15
Psalter: Psalm 8, 113 | 111, 138
Epistle Reading: [Hebrews 2.5-18]
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 1.26-38


No comments: