Total Pageviews

2019/08/09

Eighth Sunday after Trinity - 2019


The Eighth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.113-128
xv. Iniquos odio habui.
I HATE them that imagine evil things; * but thy law do I love.
114 Thou art my defence and shield; * and my trust is in thy word.
115 Away from me, ye wicked; * I will keep the commandments of my God.
116 O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live; * and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe; * yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
118 Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes; * for they imagine but deceit.
119 Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross; * therefore I love thy testimonies.
120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; * and I am afraid of thy judgments.
xvi. Feci judicium.
I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right; * O give me not over unto mine oppressors.
122 Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good, * that the proud do me no wrong.
123 Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health, * and for the word of thy righteousness.
124 O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy, * and teach me thy statutes.
125 I am thy servant; O grant me understanding, * that I may know thy testimonies.
126 It is time for thee, Lord, to lay to thine hand; * for they have destroyed thy law.
127 For I love thy commandments * above gold and precious stones.
128 Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments; * and all false ways I utterly abhor.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
O GOD, whose never-failing providence ordereth all things both in heaven and earth; We humbly beseech thee to put away from us all hurtful things, and to give us those things which be profitable for us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Zechariah 4.1-10 (11-14)
Psalter: Psalm 39, 41 | 37
Epistle Reading: Romans 8.12-17
Gospel Reading: St. Matthew 7.15-21

Homily

No comments: