Total Pageviews

2019/08/02

Seventh Sunday after Trinity and Transfiguration of Christ (6 August) - 2019



The Seventh Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.97-112
xiii. Quomodo dilexi!
LORD, what love have I unto thy law! * all the day long is my study in it.
98 Thou, through thy commandments, hast made me wiser than mine enemies; * for they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than my teachers; * for thy testimonies are my study.
100 I am wiser than the aged; * because I keep thy commandments.
101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, * that I may keep thy word.
102 I have not shrunk from thy judgments; * for thou teachest me.
103 O how sweet are thy words unto my throat; * yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth!
104 Through thy commandments I get understanding: * therefore I hate all evil ways.
xiv. Lucerna pedibus meis.
THY word is a lantern unto my feet, * and a light unto my paths.
106 I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed, * to keep thy righteous judgments.
107 I am troubled above measure: * quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.
108 Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord; * and teach me thy judgments.
109 My soul is alway in my hand; * yet do I not forget thy law.
110 The ungodly have laid a snare for me; * but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
111 Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever; * and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
112 I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway, * even unto the end.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
LORD of all power and might, who art the author and giver of all good things; Graft in our hearts the love of thy Name, increase in us true religion, nourish us with all goodness, and of thy great mercy keep us in the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Hosea 14.1-9
Psalter: Psalm 32, 36 | 33, 34
Epistle Reading: Romans 6.19-23
Gospel Reading: St. Mark 8.1-9


The Transfiguration of Christ
August 6
The Collect
O GOD, who on the mount didst reveal to chosen witnesses thine only-begotten Son wonderfully transfigured, in raiment white and glistering; Mercifully grant that we, being delivered from the disquietude of this world, may be permitted to behold the King in his beauty, who with thee, O Father, and thee, O Holy Ghost, liveth and reigneth, one God, world without end. Amen.

Epistle Reading: 2 Peter 1.13-18
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 9.28-36

Philippians 3.20-21: “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”


No comments: