Total Pageviews

2019/08/23

Tenth Sunday after Trinity and St. Bartholomew's Days (24 August) - 2019



The Tenth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.145-160
xix. Clamavi in toto corde meo.
I CALL with my whole heart; * hear me, O Lord; I will keep thy statutes.
146 Yea, even unto thee do I call; * help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147 Early in the morning do I cry unto thee; * for in thy word is my trust.
148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches; * that I might be occupied in thy word.
149 Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy lovingkindness; * quicken me, according to thy judgments.
150 They draw nigh that of malice persecute me, * and are far from thy law.
151 Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord; * for all thy commandments are true.
152 As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since, * that thou hast grounded them for ever.
xx. Vide humilitatem.
O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me, * for I do not forget thy law.
154 Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me; * quicken me according to thy word.
155 Health is far from the ungodly; * for they regard not thy statutes.
156 Great is thy mercy, O Lord; * quicken me, as thou art wont.
157 Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me; * yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158 It grieveth me when I see the transgressors; * because they keep not thy law.
159 Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments; * O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
160 Thy word is true from everlasting; * all the judgments of thy righteousness endure for evermore.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
LET thy merciful ears, O Lord, be open to the prayers of thy humble servants; and that they may obtain their petitions make them to ask such things as shall please thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 1.1-12
Psalter: Psalm 61, 62 | 48, 49
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 12.1-11
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 19.41-46


Saint Bartholomew the Apostle
August 24
The Collect
O almighty and everlasting God, who didst give to thine Apostle Bartholomew grace truly to believe and to preach thy Word; Grant, we beseech thee, unto thy Church, to love that Word which he believed, and both to preach and receive the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Deuteronomy 18.15-18
Psalter: Psalm 91
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 4.9-15
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 22.24-30


No comments: