Total Pageviews

2005/11/22

CS Lewis - Apologist November 22

CS Lewis is remembered today. His popular books defending Christianity, and his novels have influenced many to turn to Jesus and the Church. See his story here 
 
I appreciate this quotation from his preface to the book Mere Christianity.
 
 I offer no help to anyone who is hesitating between two Christian 'denominations'. You will not learn from me whether you ought to become an Anglican, a Methodist, a Presbyterian, or a Roman Catholic. This omission is intentional... …. I am not trying to convert anyone to my own position. Ever since I became a Christian I have thought that the best, perhaps the only, service I could do for my unbelieving neighbours was to explain and defend the belief that has been common to nearly all Christians at all times. [Preface to Mere Christianity]
 
The thought and belief that is common to nearly all Christians at all times, is that which has come to us from the canon of scriptures of the New Testament era and universal teachings of the early Church
 
 

No comments: