The Fifth Sunday after Trinity.
TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes : and I shall keep it unto the end.
34. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law : yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
35. Make me to go in the path of thy commandments : for therein is my desire.
36. Incline my heart unto thy testimonies : and not to covetousness.
37. O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity : and quicken thou me in thy way.
38. O stablish thy word in thy servant : that I may fear thee.
39. Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of : for thy judgements are good.
40. Behold, my delight is in thy commandments : O quicken me in thy righteousness.
GRANT, O Lord, we beseech thee, that the course of this world may be so peaceably ordered by thy governance, that thy Church may joyfully serve thee in all godly quietness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Ecclesiastes 2.1-23
Psalter: Psalm 21, 23 | 26, 27
Epistle Reading: 1 Peter 3.8-15a (15b-16)
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 5.1-11
Personal reflection: This Collect is a very timely prayer in light of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions, but also one that encompasses the situation of many of our fellow believers in other places who are in hot and hostile environments. Let us band together to pray for them and for us.