Total Pageviews

2015/07/31

The Ninth Sunday after Trinity - 2015


The Ninth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.65-72
Bonitatem fecisti
O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant : according unto thy word.
66. O learn me true understanding and knowledge : for I have believed thy commandments.
67. Before I was troubled, I went wrong : but now I have kept thy word.
68. Thou art good and gracious : O teach me thy statutes.
69. The proud have imagined a lie against me : but I will keep thy commandments with my whole heart.
70. Their heart is as fat as brawn : but my delight hath been in thy law.
71. It is good for me that I have been in trouble : that I may learn thy statutes.
72. The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me : than thousands of gold and silver.

The Collect.
GRANT to us, Lord, we beseech thee, the spirit to think and do always such things as be rightful; that we, who cannot do any thing that is good without thee, may by thee be enabled to live according to thy will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: 1 Kings 10.1-25
Psalter: Psalm 46, 47 | 44, 45
Epistle Reading: 1 Corinthians 10.1-13
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 16.1-9


No comments: